A Women Camp First Of Its Kind
Unique women’s cricket camp – “Ladies First”, scheduled to be organised at Jaipuria Cricket Academy, Jaipur. The academy is managed by SAFEHANDS, which is a brainchild of Mr. Rohit Jhalani (Former Rajasthan Ranji Captain & Wicket keeper Batsman, veteran of 100 + List A Games like Ranji, Irani & Deodhar Trophy etc., playing since 1997) & Mr. Vineet Saxena (Rajasthan Ranji Opener, veteran of 150+ List A Games like Ranji, Irani & Deodhar Trophy, etc.), Ably supported by the Jaipuria Group.
Objectives: To nurture some unprecedented young women talent in cricket, coming from remote backgrounds, lacking facilities, right guidance, direction and atmosphere.
- To motivate aspiring young women cricketers, to come forward to take cricket as career.
- To build enough confidence in the state & national circuit – that like-minded mentors from the game, are seriously working towards creating platforms and atmosphere for these young talents.
- To be able to build a strong network and database of rare talents, and to identify a special -15, to provide them the multiple competitive platforms nationally & internationally.
This is a phase – 1, basic foundation camp; for conditioning the aspirants and identifying the rare talent in the field – to boost their confidence to take up the sport in continuity to make it a full time career.
We intend to organise the advanced level camps and atmosphere, for the selected few of the camp and also to invite more talent, as and when the program progresses.
Modus Operandi: ‘Ladies First’
- An Eight day special camp for women cricketers from rural and remote areas of Rajasthan, mobilised thorough local help groups.
- The eight day camp will be held at Jaipuria Cricket Academy, located at heart of the city, at Malviya Nagar, JLN Marg.
- It will be conducted by expert coaches - Vineet Saxena, Pankaj Gupta, Rohit Jhalani and chairwoman of Rajasthan women’s team, Megha Gaur.
- Every day a 3-4 hours of morning training sessions, followed by nutritious refreshments will be ensured.
- Experts from the field of mental conditioning, counselors, lead sports athletes, BCCI trained fitness experts, etc. will take comprehensive sessions across 8 days.
- Practice and demonstration match at the end of the coaching camp with two best sides created out of the trainees.
Women camp organised in Jaipuria Cricket academy, free for all girls